Re: Unknown Icon

Greetings, Kevin J. Curry!

I'm a new to DIA but rather familier with VISIO.
When utilizing "Layers" there is a feature Icon

 beside the "Eye Ball". While I've searched through the  documentation I
don't seem to be able to find what it is, that  this  Icon and function is supposed to be / do.

The second toggle is a partially implemented feature to allow inter-layer
connections.
This is best expressed through example.
You have two layers. Top layer A and background layer B.
You lay your shaped on layer B.
You then switch to layer A and enable linking to layer B.
You then draw connections between all your shapes on layer A.
When you want to reorder shapes, you go back to layer B and, you know, move
stuff around. Connections will still stay connected, but you will not be able
to select them (consequently, you will be unable to misplace them!), which
makes the work a little more consistent and concentrated.

Do note that the support is partial, and selected connection modes don't stick
through layer switching, nor are they are saved.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...