Re: [import Network file configurations]

Am 19.01.2015 um 12:18 schrieb Dominique Charny:
HI, everybody
Our aim is(was)  to import Network file configurations  ( nodes & vertices)
to be able to
- draw in Dia the Network
- re-arrange even manually  layout
- add eventual Python scripting to proceed analysis and redrawing

First attempts to import Pajek-analysis-Tool ( free but not open) outputs
to Dia   were realized through  svg, but without connectors it's a mess to
reconnect vertice,node,and Name to be able to move then consistently and
impossible with more than hundred nodes.
So it was investigated Dia Python console to create from Pajek.file(Network
topology Nodes + arcs) the  Network in DIA. Unfortunately if we did get the
way to create Object, no solution was found  in the creation process to
initiate object attribute  with   a minimum of one requested Text property.

Not sure what you are asking for:
 1) a visible text for every object you choose?
   At some point in time I was experimenting with a label property,
   if someone is interested to finish that work I can provide a patch.
 2) an invisible text property (an ID you could manage)?
   Already there with Dia 0.97.x - just no user interface, see e.g.:
   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2014-January/msg00005.html

So it was tested to create objects(Texts) manually, group them and  python
write  Text-property from one to another.
Systematically the Dia appli crashed" " GDBus .error.ServiceUnkown: The
name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service file  "
Without the crashing code I wont start debugging. Dia is not using GDBus directly, so the reason is elsewhere.

  .Same operations were successful with visible properties.

For the moment the work has been postponed.
2 kinds of questions
- for future would it be possible to initiate object property at python
creation ?
Again I'm not sure if I understand the question. Do you want construction time parameters for Dia objects?

Anything foreseen to assign Unique ID at object creation as new
properties?
If you want user defined IDs see above. It is not planned (at least not by me) to add some additional unique ID to Dia properties. But given that every Dia object has a unique address, maybe you can use that?

- presently and for our Network objective, are there any other ways to go
deeply inside with the current DiA version
Sorry I don't understand your meaning of "going deeply inside", but I think creating an import filter for network diagram creation is possible. You may want to take a look at existing PyDia plug-ins, e.g.:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/plug-ins/python/dot2dia.py

Thanks a lot for your answers
HTH,
        Hans