Re: Steffen Macke

bart s abwesend de writes:

Hi all!

Due to Steffen's recent inactivity on the mailing list, social media and
because I'm eagerly waiting for Dia 0.97.3 on Windows I started searching
for news about him.
With consternation I've found a death notice [1].

We lost Steffen, a nice and helpful person, a Dia developer and maintainer
(Windows and Mac ports) [2] and faithful member of the open source community.

I never had the opportunity to meet him in real life but while working
on Dia Portable [3] we did some conversations via email. I'll remember him for
his kind nature and helping hand.

Hopefully someone will pick up his work and provide new binaries for Dia in
the future. I don't know if someone else of you has admin rights for his website [2],
otherwise there is a need for a new home. It would be sad when all content is
lost in case of his website going offline.

Steffen, you'll be missed. :(
Rest in Peace!

I also would like to express my sincere thanks for Steffen's very
supporting personality and his valuable contributions to dia!

Rest in Peace,
--
Felix Natter