Dia will not load on MacOS X yosemite 10.10

The download link at http://dia-installer.de/download/macosx.html.en gives an image with a binary that does not work on my 13 inch mid-2012 i5 powered macbook air.  It starts, is shown on the doc for a second where it bounces once or twice at the most, and then its gone as the app silently crashes.

Dia and dia2code are a critical art of our dev process (I use a hand created ERD, then use dia2code to generate the models used in the build from that ERD) and need to install both dia (for management of out ERD and dia2code (to get the build working locally).

I tried to find a solution but only found this thread: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2010-December/msg00007.html .. Where nobody responded with any solutions or actual answers.

How do I fix this so I can get some work done today?

Thanks,
 - Duane King
 Cell: 509-524-0750