Re: Is it possible to set the default directory for dia?

At 19.05.2014 10:00, Chris Green wrote:
On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 05:03:53PM -0400, Michael Ross wrote:
    There might be a solution, but I don't know it. A I think I may asked
    about this myself a long time ago.
Yeah, IIRC I've explained long time ago, why I think the current solution is superior than just configuring the default folder, But I could not find it.
    You have a couple options. A Submit an enhancement request. A (Posting
    here doesn't get it in the system, but it may interest someone in making
    the change if it is compelling to them.) A

Yes, OK, I'll ask.

Before making a new case analyzing what's currently there is advised. So:
 - with no diagram open the "default folder" is just the current
   directory. Under Windows this can be changed via the startup file
 - with a diagram open the file open dialog is just opening in
   the directory of that file
 - if you want a single or multiple other default folders you can
   store tham as bookmarks within the file open/save/export dialog and
   changing to them is just one click away

I know (and don't like) other solution around some fixed default directories. But I don't have any idea how to integrate this with the approach described above without breaking it.