Is it possible to set the default directory for dia?

I keep my dia diagrams in ~/diagrams, is there any way to make the
File-Open menu go direct to this directory?  It's very annoying to
have to navigate from the top level every time I go to get another
diagram.

Dia doesn't even remember where the last file was opened, just about
every other application does do this. One very often wants to open a
number of files save in the same place and if it's a long way down a
directory hierarchy and rememebering where the last file came from
makes this much quicker/easier.

--
Chris Green