Re: Embedded Diagrams

At 08.05.2014 05:34, Nick Bright wrote:
Greetings,

I have been searching the documentation, but have not found any indication
if this is possible:

Is there a way to embed futher dia files within a diagram?

Not with a released version. But with the development there is "Diagram As Object" accessible from the Misc sheet. I allows to render a diagram within a box in another diagram. See: https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=fbe3937bb67c0cb450f54f44ed176e8a90bfcd27
for the initial commit.

For example, a "cloud" object on one diagram could be an embedded link to
another diagram file which would be a diagram of the contents of that cloud.

That would - from my understanding - be a different feature, but it is also implemented with the development version:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=9f855a3ee4f0310f2e7f0109a3bc483c450bb0a2

Although current master is not production quality it should be stable enough to give it a try. If not, please don't hesitate to report open issues.

Thanks,
        Hans