Re: Export / paper size problem

At 08.02.2014 21:42, Martin Goik wrote:
Hello,

Thanks to Steffen I learned how to export images like:

dia my.dia -e my.svg dia my.dia -e my.pdf

The exported images my.svg and my.pdf are intended to be included into
other documents (docbook 5). Problem: I cannot limmit the bounding box.
The only option I've found so far is Dia's File-Page setup menu. This
allows to set some predefined paper sizes all of them being ways too
large. And there seems to be no way limiting the exported graphic to the
minmal bounding box. So when embedding these images there will
invariably appear a vast amount of unwanted padding.

None of Dia's three SVG exporters is using the paper size or margin, so the export is always sized by the data extend (minimal bounding box).

For PDF the export is intentionally towards a given paper size, but IMO PDF is not a good exchange format for embedding anyway.

If you have problems with the sizing of SVG this should not be the related to selected paper size. But the "paper" scale is intended to influence all exporters.