Re: Export / paper size problem

If you're on Linux, use imagemagick for this.
convert  my.pdf -trim trimmed_my.pdf

This should work for any format imagemagick supports for read and write
(which includes pdf utilizing ghostscript and svg utilizing inkscape
according to the docs)

regards
Peter

P.S.: Of course to be able to do it directly in dia would be a valuable
addition nevertheless.