Re: thanks for nothing - a look at the uninstaller

Greetings, Octavio Alvarez!

IIRC, Beatrice said that she uses separate directories for OS and apps
because of the use of an SSD; an explicit directory selection occurred.

Well, that was a wrong way to do it then.
You MUST install applications on the same partition as your OS to avoid
unnecessary writes. This is how WinSxS works.

I'd guess the SSD was for the OS. And what if the SSD is not big enough
to hold all the C:\Program Files?

As I said, installing applications somewhere else is a quick way to overflow
your primary partition due to the way WinSxS works. (Basically, when you
install your application on different partition, it has to COPY libraries,
instead of making hardlinks to them, as it usually would.)
It SHOULD have enough space for your applications. Smallest SSD I saw was,
like, 60gb? In my experience, half that space is sufficient for a quite heavy
workspace (3DS, Photoshop, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD and quite a ton of plugins and
additional tools supplementing the workflow).

Anyway, that's for the user to choose. SSD is just a use case. Network
mounting is another. CD/DVD-ROM mounting is another.

Right.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 04.02.2014, <02:23>

Sorry for my terrible english...