Re: Do C Language plugins need to be compiled with Dia?

Am 30.07.2014 um 11:47 schrieb dunn:
I know I'm causing a flurry of messages all at once, but I was wondering if
a user makes a C Language plugin instead of Python, does it have to be
compiled with the program, or does Dia find a library (and perhaps an XML
file) in a folder and use it?

The algorithm for finding plug-ins at runtime is similar for Python and C plug-ins. See:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/lib/plug-ins.c?id=eefc0d0b2ff10368def6f6cb463ab3a4381bbbc5#n442

Plug-in related XML files (like sheets and shapes) are found likewise. If you want something special you have to code it yourself, best based on existing API, see: https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/lib/dia_dirs.h