Re: Re: [ANN] Dia Python plugin for Postgres

Hi Hans,

> - it will export a UML diagram based on the above specification to a
> Postgres compatible SQL file.

Could you eloborate a bit more why you choose UML to represent the database
tables? Since Dia 0.97 there are dedicated database objects by
https://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=b083ef1f0eec15b3f157d256a5a56548c82148e7
Is there some issue with the set of databse objects, which made you avoid
them in your plug-in?

I had a lot of legacy diagrams that had been designed to be parsed by tedia2sql, so that was my immediate need. I think it would be trivial to add support for the database objects and if other Dia users would find this useful and I have the time I'm happy to implement it

Ideally, I would like to expand the plugin set to give Dia functionality akin to MySQL Workbench, but it's a question of time and need - for now I am only implementing those features that I find necessary and if others find them useful then that is a bonus.

Cheers
Chris

--
Chris Daley