Re: [ANN] Dia Python plugin for Postgres

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for letting me know. This is really my first time open sourcing something - most of the development I have done to date has been internal projects which never leave the organisations I have worked for. My girlfriend is the software licensing guru around here and she's been away for the last month, so I'll get her to check when she gets home to make sure I followed your advice correctly.

Cheers
Chris D

Le 16/10/2013 13:18, Chris Daley a ?crit :

https://github.com/chebizarro/postdia

> A few points to make before I get around to documenting it properly:

Great. I didn't let a try but any piece of Free Software is great :)
What I learned while making public a piece of code at Savannah you'll
not find at Github is: to empower it as Free Software you need 2 pieces
of non-code -- especially for a GPL/LGPL one, README and COPYING.
Definitely not a rant, but it is a matter of visibilty (I had to red the
top of your source code to see it is GPLv2 /src/plugins/postgres.py
(strong GPLv2, not Lesser GPL)),
and allows to remain you to type that notice (or any compliant) in any
file of your project, what is not done in your shell script install.sh
-- un-copylefted.
In Fact, following that simple rule will allow you to not to geopardise
your effort ;)
Best Regards,
TSFH
--