Dia grid snapping

Hello,
I'm doing some UML diagrams in Dia, and while I'm very satisfied with the program itself,
I've runned into some issues.
The thing is, it's very hard to draw "straight" diagrams. I use grid snapping, but the diagram looks like hell. Then I disable grid snapping, and I can come pretty close to what I need, but it's far from perfect.
http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/13/0622/h_1371917042_8552590_2c8f9d65f8.png

One more thing is very annoying: object snapping. It doesn't work as supposed, it's very tricky to make
an arrow to snap in the place I want.

Since I'm writing this email (I'm so tired, it took some effort), I want to give an an improvement advice.
I used for some time yed Graph. It's a very interesting program
with some drawbacks - it's not free (as in freedom) an will never be , I sent an email.
- it's written in java

What is good in it, is the way you draw lines (usually arrows) - you drag on one object - then on the second one you stop, and it will find the best route (avoiding crossing other objects). 2'nd use-case - you drag on the object, you click anywhere on canvas and it makes a corner, click on the canvas as much as you like, making corners, and the click on the second object. The path is there, fast and on the route of your choise. 3'rd use-case - you drag on the object, then stop dragging while on the same object, and it will make a loop. (very useful in flowcharting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMhxPJnJCw

It would be cool to have a feature like this in Dia. It makes you ultra-fast.
Thank you,

--
Dumitru Ursu
Director executiv, Fundația Ceata