Re: Dia grid snapping

At 22.06.2013 18:04, Dumitru Ursu wrote:
Hello,
I'm doing some UML diagrams in Dia, and while I'm very satisfied with the
program itself,
I've runned into some issues.
The thing is, it's very hard to draw "straight" diagrams. I use grid
snapping, but the diagram looks like hell.
To make grid alignment useful every element needs to play well on the grid. This is not the case for UML state diagrams given that elements are sized by their text content.

Then I disable grid snapping, and I can come pretty close to what I need,
but it's far from perfect.
http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/13/0622/h_1371917042_8552590_2c8f9d65f8.png

You could use Center and Middle from the Object/Align menu.
The development version additionally has Objects/Align/Connected but it needs some debugging for the diagram type at hand.

One more thing is very annoying: object snapping. It doesn't work as
supposed, it's very tricky to make
an arrow to snap in the place I want.

Yeah, I'm usally switching it off for UML diagrams.

[...]

HTH,
        Hans