Re: Fwd: API documentation for beginners

Thank you very much Steffen. It helps clarify my confusion which is not so easy to be solved by trial and error. I really appreciate it.
I am seriously considering devoting some time to write a PDF user's guide that is designed for new users, a more hand-holding one( after I master it of course, or otherwise it won't be helpful:). I love Dia. I fills perfectly a niche. However I found current documentation is more or less a little too terse, sometimes leaving a new users not one hundred percent sure about his/her understanding.
I think a easy-to-follow documentation will significantly enlarge the user base, and hopefully more attention will lead to more resources being devoted to improve it in future, and make it a even better more powerful tool. Thanks.