Re: Fwd: API documentation for beginners

At 19.06.2013 21:19, Bao Niu wrote:
Hi there. I'm learning Dia python scripting and very interested in it.
However I found the current documentation for APIs is a little too terse,
only meant for those who are in the knows. For example I couldn't find any
piece of information on the difference between layers[0] vs active_layers.
Just looked up in the current documentation. It has:

active_layer
    Layer currently active in the diagram.

layers
    Read-only list of the diagrams layers.

Is there any documentation of API that is more detailed, better tailored
for beginners?

I'm not aware of more detailed API documentation. And I'm uncertain what would be necessary in this regard. At least I consider explaning the difference between a list and a single item to be out of scope for Dia.

Regards,
        Hans