Re: Support with Dia

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Luigi Bossio <Bossio Luigi yahoo de> wrote:
with Dia for the first time (it’s a fabulous program) but now I need to
export that diagram to my MS Word 2010. I tried by doing it with exporting
but either I didn’t do it correctly or it just doesn’t work. I need to
export that to Word otherwise your program is useless to me.

You can export to jpeg or png and then insert the picture into Word.
Word is not particularly stable when handling linked images (or too
many images) so I would recommend opening the exported image with any
Windows program than can read-it and has a copy to clipboard function
and then pasting the image as a Windows Metafile (using paste-special
in Word).

Back in the days I used Windows I used to keep a companion PowerPoint
presentation with all the images contained in a doc. This is because
Word would sometimes freak out and lose all the images with a crossed
X and I would lose al my images. Once I lost 2 months of work and
backups did not help. With a companion presentation it is easy to
import images and then copying a slide and pasting it as a windows
metafile in Word. It works pretty well and you can keep your images
somewhat stable in one place that is NOT M$ Word.

Fortunately I haven't used Windows for many years and I now code my
all my large docs in Docbook directly keeping everything organized.
For short documents and small manuals I used LibreOffice but it sucks
just as much or more than Word or any WYSIWYG Word processor for that
matter.

Good luck,

--
Alejandro Imass