python

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get going with dia python. I'm going to create a bunch of network diagrams, all the diagrams have the same structure but the names, addresses etc in the labels vary. I do have all the information in a source accessible via an API and I have already a python library that gets the information. The idea is to label the objects in the diagram using a python script.

To begin with I copied the last example in the documentation page https://live.gnome.org/Dia/Python to the file "~/.dia/python/center.py" and gave it 755. And that's it, I was expecting an extra option in the menus but it doesn't show.

I'm using Fedora 17 and installed Dia via repositories (0.97.1).

Should I install python plugin separately? If yes, how? Any help will be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Xavier