Re: .dia to dxf conversion?

You didn't say they were Dia files you said they have the ,dia extension.

Do you have any reason to believe they really are Dia files?  Or are you guessing?

Anyway, that is the only hint or suggestion I have - maybe they aren't really from Dia.

A wilder guess, they are from an old version or newer version than what you are using and there is an incompatibility.  I betcha older files will open in newer versions though.  the opposite may not work, but that is pure conjecture.

Beyond that, I am guessing corruption.