Re: Wonderful program, but......... [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM, Justin Wood <J Wood bom gov au> wrote:
G'day nice people who built Dia,

I am moving away from Corel Draw due to my organisation being no longer
willing to pay licence fees and think that Dia is a decent substitute. Do
you have any plans to include grabable guidelines? Also being able to select
a tool and it staying selected for multiple lines, etc would be nice as well
(double click like format painter in word?).

Hi Justin,

DIA is a great tool for making diagrams with pre-defined sheets, and
it's especially useful if you'd like to convert the drawing to
information to be used by other programs. In our company we use DIA
UML sheets and transform the diagram into information that connects
the diagrams to other parts of our development process. For example,
our UML Class Diagrams are converted to SQL DDL automatically and thus
drives our complete development model.

BUT, if you are looking to replace Corel Draw, I don't DIA will fit
the bill because it's not designed to do so. For that sort of
application I think you will have better results with InkScape:
http://inkscape.org

Good luck,

--
Alejandro Imass