Re: dia-list Digest, Vol 108, Issue 24

Thanks so much to Andrey and Alejandro. Now I have a much better understanding of Dia and how to do what I'm trying.

So I only have one further comment:
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 02:34:22 +0400
From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon freemail ru>
... If you want to see an example, look at Figure 9.3 on p. 175 of this paper <http://www.debtdeflation.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/papers/9780230_203372_10_cha09.pdf>.
:D I like overcomplication of very simple things. Thanks for a good laugh.

Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:47:33 -0400
From: Alejandro Imass <aimass yabarana com
Just a though: if centrals banks are able to create inorganic money
that is not backed up by anything more than their word and if the
private banks can make up money out of thin air whilst guaranteeing
only 10% in deposits, and the ever increasing debt is solved by adding
more debt, then there are no need for any sort of charts to explain
how it works because it's fundamentally broken. The chart should be a
big box with an X in the middle the label "Flawed" and a start-over
line pointing to a box called Hayek!
One would hope that simple things would be obvious: that even a simple model of money in the economy reveals certain truths,  that banks sometimes make money "out of thin air," or that the system is "broken" (or at least does not work the way most would want it to work). But then sometimes even the smartest folks do not see the obvious, particularly when it is in a discipline dominated by ideology masquerading as science.

Thanks again for all your help.

    MF