Re: How to select a layer?

You ARE telling them because they are on this list all the time.  There is a more formal way to do submit an idea using bugzilla, but I have never done that.

This being open source software, you can code the change yourself, or you can try to make a case for a change so someone else will do it.

This being a volunteer effort, you do have to make the case though, because everyone else using Dia and contributing to it, has so far gotten by without what you are asking for (not to be snotty or anything, this just reality).  If they had felt it to be a high priority, they would have already fixed it.

Anyway, I will second you wish.  I have reached for the edge of the layers sidebar many times to try and expand it.

You can run Dia without the integrated work space.  Then it is possible to expand the layers dialog then.

Presumably, since have this desire, you are running Dia with the -integrated switch, try running it without.  See how you like it. the toolbox will come up separate from t he Canvas and ctrl-L gets you a separate layers window that has variable size.

"C:\Program Files\Dia\bin\diaw.exe"
versus
"C:\Program Files\Dia\bin\diaw.exe" -integrated

Mike