Re: [long+short] autorouting patch status?

At 16.10.2012 21:36, Thomas Harding wrote:
Le 16/10/2012 20:57, Hans Breuer a Ãcrit :
[...]
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/log/plug-ins/layout

HTH,
Hans

Hi Hans, nice to meet you here again !

Dito.

It seems you still worked on on September... a secret new feature or just
an experiment?

Not sure yet ;) Some of the algoritms implemented in OGDF are crashing depending on the diagram given. I was not able to find a reliable pattern yet, so I'm uncertain how to handle it for a release version.

I pinned out, will build this w/e.

All I can do is to track changes on patch time to time then test on
Debian/wheezy and strace/ltrace.

Unsure what I could find.

A lot of new things - some things more hidden (or unfinished) than others.

I hope it would build on last release branch :)

If by "last release branch" you mean master it should do - I'm uncertain if it is working though. IIRC I had some start-up crashes introduced by the updated OGDF library on Linux. Also AFAIK OGDF http://www.ogdf.net is not packaged by standard Linux distributions so the build integration is a bit rough at the moment. See http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/plug-ins/layout/readme.txt for details.