Re: Problem creating custom shapes with editable text

At 02.10.2012 11:41, Martin Wunderlich wrote:
Thanks a lot, Eric. This helps a bit. I have compared your XML to the
code form my shape and noticed that the<textbox>  node is not included
in my shape. Instead, it is using an svg:text element, which apparently
is not recognised correctly by Dia.
The svg:text is used for _static_ text within the shape, for me it works
as intended and documented (
        http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/doc/custom-shapes#n237
) but as always the documentation could be improved ;)

If I enter the textbox node into my
XML, I can enter text into the shape alright, except that I don't know
how to specify the formatting or the default text.

The default font settings are not to be preset by the shape definition.
But you can set them like any other object defaults (double click on
the toolbox button).

Is this documented anywhere? I tried here, but couldn't find anything on
the required additional options for the textbox element:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/doc/custom-shapes

There are no more options for the <textbox/> than documented
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/doc/custom-shapes#n19
http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/doc/custom-shapes#n98

HTH,
        Hans