Re: Problem creating custom shapes with editable text

Le 02/10/2012 11:41, Martin Wunderlich a écrit :
Thanks a lot, Eric. This helps a bit. I have compared your XML to the code form my shape and noticed that
the<textbox>  node is not included in my shape. Instead, it is using an svg:text element, which apparently is
not recognised correctly by Dia. If I enter the textbox node into my XML, I can enter text into the shape alright,
except that I don't know how to specify the formatting or the default text.

Is this documented anywhere? I tried here, but couldn't find anything on the required additional options for
the textbox element: http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/tree/doc/custom-shapes

If your shape is a custom one, you'll find it:

  On Linux/UNIX:
        in your ~/.dia/shapes

        if unmodified from main:
in one of the subdirectories of /usr/share/dia/shapes/, depending on sheet it belongs (see Sheets menu, while it can be i-10n).

if found in /usr/share... copy the shape in your ~/.dia/shapes/, You'll have to create a convenient sheet (see doc you point above).

then use a simple text editor such as vim, emacs or nano and replace the svg:text element by a textbox, according to document format you point in your URL.

Unfortunately, I can't help you on other systems.

Regards,
TSFH