Dia Visio Diagram Exchange (was Re: Dia)

At 29.06.2012 22:48, Valek Filippov wrote:
Hej Scott,

Visio can open "standard" SVG and save to it.

For some interoperability with Visio users you would also probably need to
use libvisio (http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/libvisio) to
convert VSD (Visio format by default) files to SVG.

My first attempt would be the Dia included
Vision XML Format import and export filter

Just export the diagram as *.vdx to be directly readable by Visio.
Or save as *.vdx in Visio and import it directly into Dia.

Last time I checked with Visio 2003 SVG was not an option and the
results achieved with Dia's VDX plug-in were not too bad.