Issue with 0.97.2-1 Installer (was: Re: Icons/Symbols/Shapes)

At 16.06.2012 13:01, vwf wrote:
[...]
Thank you for looking into it. Loading my handwritten shape, exporting
it from dia, and comparing the two is a good technique. I fixed the
shape-file, but this does not solve the big problem

     <svg:image x="2.05" y="1.9" width="8.50044" height="7.45" xlink:href="testshape.svg"/>

The real problem is in testshape.svg: Linux loads it, Windows not.
testshape.svg is generated by inkscape.
But the problem is neither with the shape nor with the svg. It is some mismatch between the gtk+-2.24 build used and the placement of files by the installer.

The setup created <dia>/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders file contains no loaders at all, but the path where they are expected:
        <dia>/lib/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders
The setup installs them in
        <dia>/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/loaders

After copying the files to the expected place gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe can create the correct file. But this is still not enough. The only working way I've found is
        set GDK_PIXBUF_MODULE_FILE=<dia>\etc\gtk-2.0\gdk-pixbuf.loaders
before calling dia.exe on the command line.

Of course you would have to replace <dia> above with the correct installation path. Or wait for Steffen to create an installer with a fully working gtk+ build. Or switch back to dia-0.97.1-1 installer, which had this working using an older gtk+ build.