Re: Icons/Symbols/Shapes

Am 16.06.2012 um 07:56 schrieb vwf:

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:19:20PM +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:
Did you now switch to 0.97.2 on Linux, too? Or do you still need to
read
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2012-June/msg00013.html ?
Switched

AFAICT there is no portability issue for shapes between Linux and
Windows versions of Dia, except if you would use absolute pathes. Or
relative pathes with backslash.
My experience is different: My Linux shape-set does not work in Windoos,
and I did avoid the path-problem (AFAIK). Any suggestions?

Usual response would be: please include your problematic shape file for analysis,
but I've got it off-list. It appears handwritten instead of being based on an original
shape export. I've spotted three issues which stress the respective XML parser
and might lead to incompatibilities between different library versions:
 1) the namespace declaration for xlink is missing [1]
 2) 'href' in the svg:image tag is missing the xlink namespace
 3) there is a superfluous closing svg:image tag

Please compare your problematic shape with the one generated by Dia's shape export:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<shape xmlns="http://www.daa.com.au/~james/dia-shape-ns"; xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";>
  <name>test - testsvg</name>
  <icon>testsvg.png</icon>
  <connections/>
  <aspectratio type="fixed"/>
  <svg:svg>
    <svg:image x="2.05" y="1.9" width="8.50044" height="7.45" xlink:href="testshape.svg"/>
  </svg:svg>
</shape>

Also it is always a good idea to look at the console output for additional information.

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2011-July/msg00032.html