Re: Icons/Symbols/Shapes

I heared from someone that libsvg uses gtkgpix or something, with was not available on windows.

IRC #inkscape freenode:
2012-06-10.log:09:19  su_v: afaiu Inkscape currently uses gdk-pixbuf (librsvg module) for such 'SVG' <image>
2012-06-10.log:09:20  su_v: that's also why linking SVG files via <image> tag fails with current Windows
version (as well as the latest package for Mac OS X: can't find/load the gdk-pixbuf module)

Maybe this is related ?