Non-standard Dia use: Visualisation

Hello Dia developers and other developers,

I'd like to use the Dia codebase as a means for object graph/hypergraph visualization of external models---i.e. to display graphs/hypergraphs pointers to which are received from outside plugins via the same RAM. Maybe Dia architecture could evolve to allow such use without forking Dia into another project. (I didn't study Dia's architectural documents yet.)

I.e. Dia display routines would be controlled from outside plugin, and this plugin would instruct Dia to display this hypergraph or another hypergraph, according to plugin's control over the Dia display and over Dia functioning.

What do Dia developers think about such use and Dia project team's allowability of such use?

--
Best regards,
Evgeniy Philippov