dia...latest version (version #....???????!) for ubuntu.

Hello Dia,
I've been using dia for a long time, mostly under Redhat. i just recently downloaded the (probably newest) version
for Ubuntu and i had some comments.

It LOOKS nice....but I find it much harder to use than previous versions. International symbols and icons are all well and good,
but only the two rightmost of the topmost icons NAME THEMSELVES on mouseover: "toggles object snapping", "toggles snap to grid". I still have no idea what the icon between "print" and "cut" is supposed to do. It actually took me quite awhile to recognize that the icon to the right of cut is "paste". Fortunately, I remembered that "ctrl-v" was paste....Unfortunately, I had to remember it.

It's not obvious how to get to "help" (or "version number"!) and it's certainly not obvious how to look up the fact that "ctrl-v"="paste" or that "ctrl-z"="undo". I seem to remember lots of keyboard shortcuts exist but I see no way to look them up. That is not good. Some of us prefer written language. Ich spreche vier longxvojn pli-malpli bone kaj he estudiado algunos de otros.
I consider the previous sentence in German/Esperanto/Spanish, to be much more comprehensible than the new "all-intuitive"
control interface for dia.

Cheers,
wnm