Printing -exporting problems, missing features?

Hello,

I am a new user of DIA please do help.
I downloaded it to create buildings floor planes / electrical and plumbing schematics, and garden lay out.

This program would be a dream come true for most designs. have problems I can't find solution for. In Other sheets No building objects menu yet - doors, windows etc - trying to do garden layout with flow chart boxes. Can not find "Merge layers", "Rotate" the finished diagram (here you need the Merge layers so all objects will be rotated).
(Need this to input text into narrow vertical boxes)
To "Re-size" / scale the project diagram for printing on one letter page instead or 30 (example) Print dialog to display how many pages it actually will take before printing and print preview?

Major problem - Exporting in other formats is not working -it does create the file with the extension (example.png). I would like to Export the finished project to my Ark Soft PhotoStudio 5 for further editing (which supports PNG) but the DIA Export just does not create the PNG readable by anything ? - and JPG (JPEG) is not supported.
Tied a bunch of PNG editors/viewers - but none would read DIA created PNG.
At last I have tried to print my diagram after sizing it to a letter sized paper, but the printer just spits out clean paper.

I would really appreciate any help.
Thank you in advance

Tony