Re: Tried Dia; Liked Dia; Can't Use Dia

Hi Jim,

On 09/29/2011 04:42 PM, Jim Anderson wrote:
I'm looking for a basic drawing package for Linux that I can use instead of Visio. I found Dia and it looked like what I am looking for. I started by trying to draw a chart I need for a document. It was doing the job until I had to rotate text. I couldn't figure out how to do that. I went to the documentation, but found nothing there about rotating text, or more generally rotating
objects.
On

http://dia-installer.de/doc/rotation.html.en

you'll find

* a Video that illustrates how to rotate text.
* a Python plugin that allows simple rotation of some objects
* The reference to Dia 0.98 that will bring additional rotation functionality.

Hope that helps.

Steffen