From: dia-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:dia-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Andrey Repin
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:03 AM
To: Steffen Macke
Subject: Re: It is possible to change shape type without deleting and recreating it?

Greetings, Steffen Macke!

I could do it by hands inside the Dia document source (XML, after
all, is very flexible format...), but I'd like to have a more straightforward solution.
Something like this might be possible with the help of a Python plugin.
But "the devil is in the details".
Could you provide two "before and after" diagrams?

Sure. I cut a part of it for an illustration. (Original is like 100 times
bigger)

Tricky questions might be:

* How do you select the placeholder shapes?

The default shape, that is most common.

* How do you select the replacement shapes?

Well, when you know if it's different from common... :)

* Do the connectors match (somehow)?

They are the same for all shapes in group. (The center point)

P.S.
Anyone know a fast and reliable SVG viewer for Windows? Pref. with text search.
I'm running short of ideas for search query :/

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 24.09.2011, <14:59>

Sorry for my terrible english...