Re: Line pointed to center of circle

At 17.09.2011 09:44, Kaminar wrote:
I have one problem with anchoring the line to the center of circle (ellipse). If I
drawing a line to center of a circle, the line is anchored to binding point at
border of circle.
That feature is called autogap and implemnted about 6 years ago. See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2005-November/msg00072.html

I can not remember any complaints since than but agree that the behaviour is a bit odd.
Only one solution which I found is that It must first
draw line and then place circle over line at right position. This solution
would be sufficient, but there is another problem with it. After move this
objects, the line anchoring change from center to border of circle.
That's another feature I don't want to miss. Handles near connection points are automatically connected, which in your case leads to autogap.

Is there any way how to avoid this behaviour?

Without recompiling the only workaround coming to my mind is using another (mis-)feature. If you group the line with something else it wont connect any longer, thus not autogap.