Re: Dia. working with layers

I am curious, what is "enable layer linking?"  An entity can be part of only one layer AFAIK.  I can move the layers up an down the layer stack, the higher layers obscure the lower.  I can only work on the items that are in the layer currently enabled/highlighted/turned-on.  This is pretty simple.

I read the Help and there is no mention whatsoever about linking layers.

Is like the words are wrong for what is being described.  Or it is about some other program not Dia.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon freemail ru> wrote:
Greetings, Hans Breuer!

>> I need more general objects (classes) at different views.
>>
> Putting these general objects on an extra layer seems to be your best option.

To add: On an extra layer underneath your other layers.
Since you want lines attached to them hide properly with layers they attributed
to.

BTW, is the fact that layer linking resets randomly is a known bug or a
feature I did not understand?

I mean, I choose layer 2, enable linking to layer 1 and layer 0, then choose
layer 1 and enable linking to layer 0 and layer -1. When I come back to layer
2, it now have enabled link to layer -1.
It must be a per-layer option, IMO.

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 20.09.2011, <16:01>

Sorry for my terrible english...

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Thomas A. Edison

Warren Buffet

Michael E. Ross