GIMP is clearly not for the same work, so wouldn't expect the same interface, Inkscape is closer, but I use it differently - always for page size work.  Dia I use for larger than page size, or perhaps more accurately for free form work.  In Dia I have complete flexibility.   I guess if I could load up an F size sheet I could get by with sheet limits.

I would rather have Inkscape features and functions in Dia rather than Inkscape GUI in Dia.

Mike

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 6:26 PM, W. Martin Borgert <debacle debian org> wrote:
On 2011-09-11 17:58, Michael Ross wrote:
> Maybe the comment is better as " it would be nice if Dia COULD limit all
> editing to the page.

Fine with that.

This behaviour would be more in line with e.g. inkscape or gimp,
or with certain CAD programs, where one works on a limited area.

Anyway, this is not very important to me. I'm already used to
Dia as it is.

Put this question to yourself: should I use everyone else to attain happiness, or should I help others gain happiness?
Dalai Lama

Thomas A. Edison

Warren Buffet

Michael E. Ross