dia components

Hi, a question from a dia user perspective:

Earlier this year I put together a Network diagram using the standard dia install on SUSE. I've predominantly used Visio for this purpose for some time, however I was really impressed with dia and based on my experience in this instance, resolved that dia is absolutely a viable alternative for this purpose.

I subsequently replaced SUSE with Linux Mint, however the default dia install available in Mint is missing a lot of the Network elements that were available to me on SUSE. Contrary to my earlier extremely positive experience on SUSE, the small handful of "missing" network elements on Mint unfortunately prevent dia from even being an option for producing Network diagrams via the Mint platform.

I checked and both SUSE and MINT had the same version of dia (0.9.7 if I recall correctly but I may be mistaken).

Can anyone shed some light on why the  same version of dia would have a different set of elements to choose from, when installed on two different Linux distributions?

And more importantly, can anyone advise on how I can correct this problem on Mint and get access to the "missing" dia elements?