Re: Dia does not support SVG as shape icon?

Greetings, Michael Ross!

Does Dia still work when you remove the offending SVG?

Yes, indeed, it does.
I though I would give SVG a try, since making PNG readable with my limited
artistic skills is a hard task.

Have you ever seen Dia work with any icon set to SVG?

Well, no. I just though I'll give it a try.

If yes, then maybe that is a clue it would be good to share. I have never
tried to do what you have done, or thought that it is a good idea to do so.
As far as I know Windows icons are raster not vector. Perhaps the same is
true for Dia icons. I may be old fashioned.

Well, my path of logic was quite straightforward... Dia natively works with
SVG. Why can't it support it in one more place?
It didn't worked quite well, apparently... :(

A good work around may be - do not ever try to put an SVG file in the sheet.

Well, here I tried...

You have the png. If that works then you have an OK solution for other
icons - Convert your SVG to png.

It takes more time and effort, than to say so. I still can't get Inkscape to
save icons in the size I want them, and GIMP SVG plugin crashing on attempt to
load image. (Though I could try to update GIMP, as I think there's a newer
version posted.)

If you want to see more about this while waiting for a developer to help,
you could look among the bug reports and see anyone else has ever had this
problem.  Perhaps this is already being dealt with, or has been set aside as
not fixable.

Pretty sure at least crash could be fixed (just a simple check for a return
value in proper place).

I really don't understand why you think complaining is useful.

I don't think it's useful. Neither I said so.
I do think I've provided most of the information required to reproduce the
issue. (I've missed the OS type/version in my initial post, though, sorry about
that.)

--
WBR,
Andrey Repin (anrdaemon freemail ru) 01.10.2011, <21:09>

Sorry for my terrible english...