Re: Adding a line style to box.c (SADT/IDEF)

At 07.11.2011 17:47, myken wrote:
Hello,

I have asked this before but somehow the discussion came to an end. So
I'll try again.

I'm trying to add a line style (Dashed) attribute to the box.c shape of
the SADT sheet.

I tried to use the diamond.c from the flowchart as a reference but I
can't get it to work.
If I double-click on the shape I can't select the line style attribute.

So you describe what was working, but what did you do afterwards till the point where you noticed something is not working? Maybe you simply forgot to hit Apply or Ok ;) ?

Hans, I have looked at the examples you have given me but I can't find
the error I'm making.

Looking at your code I can't find it myself.

I like to extent my knowledge up to a point I can contribute to Dia. So
any help is greatly appreciated.

I added the code I tried.
In all the code I have check I never come across the PROP_FLAG_VISIBLE.

The PROP_FLAG_VISIBLE is hidden behind the PROP_STD_LINE_STYLE used in your code, so it was not the problem.

Looking more closely at your code I noticed that you didn't use the most recent versions of Dia's source code either from master or from dia-0-97 branch (which both have configurable line colors for some time [1], [2])

This also should not be the problem you are observing, but it definitely is a problem when reviewing potential contribution to Dia.

Attached you'll find a patch against current master (basically merged the part in question from your code). And it works for me.

I'm uncertain if this should go into the offical Dia version, though. At least to me modifying the line style of SADT boxes looks quite arbitrary. Also the part you did not mention yet ("sourceid") does not fit my current model of SADT box [3]

HTH,
        Hans

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?id=aeb71aca5761bcd510296893720f12b77afc4e48 [2] http://git.gnome.org/browse/dia/commit/?h=dia-0-97&id=cbff662f562edae6237fa0e0893f2f4d515d9e34
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SADT