Adding Capabilities to Dia

Hello

I am quite impressed with Dia.  The ease of use and visualization aspect are superb.

I have spent some time getting familiar the XML structure underlying Dia and wonder if it would be possible to add a new attribute to the object type Standard_Line?  In addition to the current attribute "conn_endpoints" I would like to have an attribute "conn_endpoints_id" that lists the dia:object type = ...  id= "numbers" for both ends of the Standard_Line.

Having such information would permit mapping the Dia XML to another XML file such as used in Genealogy and other directed graph applications.  Dia would then become an application for creating directed graphs for further processing.

best wishes,
Chris