Re: "Image not found" startup message

Hello Hans,

Le mardi 15 mars 2011 à 21:53 +0100, Hans Breuer a écrit :
At 15.03.2011 08:42, Mathieu Dubois wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Dia to draw some schema and it's a very good program (I
> particularly enjoy LaTeX export). I just have a simple boring message at
> startup.
>
> A long, long time ago I used a PNG image in a Dia schema. I think the
> file was on my USB stick and it's no longer here. Now each time Dia
> starts, I have the message "The image ... was not found".

There is only one place in Dia with an error message "The image ...",
namely: objects/standard/image.c - the implmentation of the "Standard -
Image" object accessible via the main toolbox area.

Apparently you once choose to set the default image path of the Image
object by double-click on the respective toolbox icon. You can now do the
same thing and simply delete the path from the "Default: Standard - Image".
Thank you very much for the tip, it worked very well.

> There is a "Don't show this again" checkbox but it does nothing (bug?).
I'm currently pondering ideas to get rid of the original reason to
introduce that checkbox and the whole message filtering.

> I have tried to remove the preference file in ~/.dia but it did nothing
> too...

You did not remove the correct preferences file. It is defaults.dia storing
the object defaults.
OK. I'll keep that in mind.

Regards,
Mathieu