Re: Compatibility with SharePoint?

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 8:08 AM,  <dia-list-request gnome org> wrote:
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:58:48 -0500
From: Julie Cox <juliecox accessrn net>
Subject: RE: Compatibility with SharePoint?
Lol!  Well, I'm no computer programmer...  just have enough knowledge to be dangerous...  I'm just learning
about SharePoint and saw that Visio (or whatever...) has this free comparable counterpart - Visio can help
with 'workflows' inside of SharePoint and I was wondering if this can do the same.

I apologize for not being clear... in advance  ;-)

If you mean just a diagram describing the work flow, you could create
such with Dia and it could be served like any other document.

If you mean that Visio can be used to define SharePoint workflows.
maybe if you exported the diagram in Visio XML format, however, it is
likely that SharePoint is expecting object types specific to certain
Visio shape sets, and/or special object attributes. While it is likely
possible to create a shape set with the expected object types and
attributes SharePoint is looking for, I have no idea if the Dia's
Visio XML exporter will correctly handle them.