Feature request

Hello all,

I'm new to Dia and wanted to use it in combination with the Concordion test framework.

To those who are unfamiliar with Concordion, it's primarily used to write testable specifications. This is done by surrounding text with special HTML tags that execute a test and then colors the text red or green and so shows if the test passed or failed.

Because often text is not always clearly laid out and graphics are sometimes easier to understand, my idea was to create UML diagrams with Dia and then export it to SVG, so that a Concordion plugin can use the single parts as test fragments, for example a transition from one state to another.

My problem now is, that the generated SVG is pretty nice, but there's no possibility to give the UML elements identifiers that themselves become id attributes of the generated SVG group tags. That'd allow me to simply put the results of the tests in a CSS that color the UML elements by naming them like the element identifiers.

Since my C(++) skills are not very good I'd love to see someone implement that feature in Dia!

Regards

Max

--
All those, who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.