-----Original Message-----
From: dia-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:dia-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Steffen Macke
Sent: 21 July 2010 17:22
To: discussions about usage and development of dia
Subject: Re: Wrapping Text in Object

Hi Dysier,

your point is valid. Automatic text wrapping would be nice
but it would
cause problems for those that
prefer to place their linebreaks themselves. If you're
worried about a
fixed width, you may also be
worried about a fixed height and automatic text wrap would
cause height
change problems. Unless
you start scaling the text at the same time. But this will result in
strange looking diagrams (random
text size).

Have you thought about setting (reducing) the default text
size for the
object you're using to a value
that would allow you to stay well within the desired size of
your objects?
If you have a fixed width in mind, why don't you start with resizing
your objects to that size and wrap your texts accordingly during text
entry? I would expect much more sensible results than any
automatic text wrapping could produce.

Regards,

Steffen
Am I missing something?  If I place down an object and then begin
filling this object with text, the object grows in width.  Clearly
this would only jack everything up when building a flow chart.  It
would be nice if I could set the width of the object (which
by default
would be the last dimension that I set), and have the text
wrap around
automatically changing the height instead.  Any suggestions?  Thanks