Wrapping Text in Object

Am I missing something?  If I place down an object and then begin filling this object with text, the object grows in width.  Clearly this would only jack everything up when building a flow chart.  It would be nice if I could set the width of the object (which by default would be the last dimension that I set), and have the text wrap around automatically changing the height instead.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

~Dysier