SQL support

Hi guys!

I'm a developer in a rather small software company and I'm using dia to draw my database diagrams. A pretty nice option for me would be that I can generate some basic SQL code out of my diagrams (and maybe vice versa too). So, I searched for some plugins but found nothing. It seems that DIA isn't the favorite tool for code generation. :)

Anyway, if I would extend DIA (lets say through a plugin or something similar) where should I begin? Is that even possible to extend DIA that way? Are there any efforts to implement these feature? Am I one the complete wrong train and should I use some other tool?

Cheers,
Wolfgang Beikircher