Re: SQL support

Hi Wolfgang,
There are some tools around (if you are a linux user, you can easily find them with your distro package manager, search "dia" :D ). Maybe some of them require some hacking here and there.

You could have a look at http://live.gnome.org/Dia/Python, there are some scripts written in Python that use Dia Python plugin.
If you are new to Python, it could be usefull this python script ( http://code.activestate.com/recipes/137951/ ) to investigate "dia" itself using Dia's python console.

I use Dia for code, documentation, database schema and query generator.
I've made a simple dia plugin in python, i use it to launch my php and c++ generator scripts directly from Dia. If you want, have a look at this message http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2010-February/msg00002.html and have a look at the code .
Its not my intention to spam my little work, but its the first code i ever wrote in dia python and if you are new to it too, it could be easier to understand: <200 lines of code, integration in dia menu, diagram inspection, using Gtk dialogs, call of external scripts (i let a more experienced python programmer to have a look at it before publishing, checking for crap parts ;) )

However, the dia python scripts that you find in dia git tree are my main documentation for dia python programming :).

If you don't like python, well, Dia files are plain XML; DOM and XPath are your friends.

By the way, Dia is my favorite tool for code generation :D
I'm going to open sources of my Dia libs and scripts, just need to clean some parts before. I work with them every day. If you want to have a look at them write to me.

I hope I've helped