Re: Getting the middle of an object to snap to grid - how?

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 05:34:26PM -0500, Michael Ross wrote:
     With the grid the way I have it I can't even get to connect the line to
     the resistor because the centre line of the resistor is between grid
     lines.

     I have to turn 'Snap to Grid' off to connect the line to the resistor,
     then turn it back on and it acts as you say.

   I can always get a line to snap to the leg of a resistor regardless of the
   size of the grid and how it lines up with the leg - even when the leg is
   between grid lines.

Yes, but you then get lines which are at funny angles unless the *other*
end of the same line also happens to be connected to a resistor at the
same level.  Ah, but it *does* work sensibly with a zigzagline.  I guess
if one uses zigzaglines for everything it would be OK, I must start
doing that.

Thanks for all the help here, I'm getting to what I want now.

--
Chris Green